Who we're looking for
Our mobile engineering teams power customer engagement in some of your favorite apps, via our SDK integrations, used by millions of users. We also deliver the best customer experiences for customer service agents using our apps, as well as the Sell app that helps the salesperson to work on the move.
We are looking for someone to be part of a new kind of team - a mobile platform team to enable our product engineers to build faster, boost reliability, and release with confidence, and at scale.
If you're an iOS developer who loves platform and lower level coding, or a software engineer in test with coding and continuous integration experience, then this job is for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Join a new team of engineers who will own the mobile platform.
- Optimise and own mobile build infrastructure, from coding to app store release.
- Improve developer experience and tooling.
- Manage ways of measuring reliability, performance, and observability.
- Craft internal libraries, and contribute to mobile architecture.
What you bring to the role
- Proven experience in one or more mobile build tools (Gradle, xcodebuild, Fastlane etc.)
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Kotlin, Swift, Java, or Objective-C
- Deep understanding of the lifecycle of continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to write and debug scripts in a variety of languages.
- A passion to make developing in mobile as close to perfection as possible.
- Previous experience of working in a platform team.
- Our Apps and SDKs are written in mostly Swift and Kotlin, with some older versions in Objective-C and Java.
- We use Ruby and Bash for scripting and tooling.
- We consume in-house GraphQL and RESTful APIs.
- GitHub actions powers our CI, and we use AppCenter and Testflight to distribute app builds.
- We also use SonarQube, Datadog, Snyk, and Dependabot.
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.